Old October 11th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default new cat owner, strange cat behaviour...HELP!!

We took in a cat who had a UTI, but then peed on the bed after he was
better. It might have been territorial since he was the new cat, or it
could have been behavioral leftovers from his UTI.

What we did though, was cover the bed each morning after we got up. We
used a shower curtain liner -- a very cheap one. That was enough to
break him of the habit.

He never did it while we slept, only during the day, so that made it
easier.

I like having those kitties on the bed, especially now that the weather
is getting chilly.

While he had his UTI, he hit the couch once. I put some clear plastic
over that for awhile but TG he didn't do that any more once he felt better.

Rhonda

She Devil wrote:
Our Charlie is a stressy kitty, and he started urinating on our bed the
first time we went away for more than an overnight. In fact, after we
got home, we were laying on the bed and he hopped up on the bed and
tinkled away right in front of us.

When we, with heavy hearts, banished him and his 'sister' Lucy from the
bedroom (because nothing stopped it once he'd started), he took to
urinating on the couches instead.