Old March 18th 04, 05:46 PM
SUQKRT

In article k.net, "Yoj"
wrote:

"JBHajos" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have any recent news of BlueBird and how she's doing? Haven't
heard from or about her since around Christmas. Hoping all is OK.

Jeanne

I talked to her about a week ago. She's still hanging in there, but
things are getting hard for her - or rather, harder. LittleBit seems to
be having some problems, which doesn't help, of course. BB is also
feeling the effects for the Alzheimer's. Finances are very tight, so
figuring out what to do is a worry. She is trying to work something out
where she can share an apartment with a friend, who is willing to look
after her. However, she is currently in some sort of subsidized
housing, and she loses the financial help if she has another person
living with her. They need to find a place they can afford between
them, and, of course, moving will be very hard on her, but it looks as
though it will be necessary.

If a person with a disability needs live in help, the subsidy is not affected.
A letter from her Dr explaining her needs is needed. The roomate would not have
to pay rent which could be considered part of his/her rent. I almost did this
but opted for overnight help sleeping on my foldout love seat. Also there are
programs that help pay for in home help amount etc., varies from state to
state. Email me Joy if you want more info.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.