Old July 16th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Stupid, Stupid Mommy!!

Jane wrote:
Note to self: In a small bathroom, move the bare feet AWAY from the
edge of the tub when the Princess Rita wants to get out of the tub
before the shower starts.

She landed, in a panic, with her back paw on the top of my foot, then
pushed off and ran.

That sounds like a deep scratch! Buster's given me one foot scratch
like that when I passed the cat dancer too close to myself when I was
playing with him, and he made a sharp turn pushing off the top of my
foot! He came from the shelter with his claws good and clipped
though, so it wasn't bad - it just made a welt, not draw blood.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to clip those claws myself someday,
hopefully soon, as it's been over a month since his back claws have
been clipped, and being a bit of a kitten, he does like to squirm out
of my arms when he suddenly sees something interesting (although he
usually does it with claws retracted). So far, I've only managed to
get two of Buster's sharper front claws, and several of Dot's front
claws. I haven't gotten any of their back claws yet, although they're
slower to grow back, so it's okay for now. I check them periodically,
and I memorize which of their claws are the sharpest, so that I can
accurately target them when they're sleepy.