Old October 27th 18, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default Buffy Scared the C*** Out of Me!

On 10/26/2018 12:38 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
On 2018-10-23 3:29 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 10/23/2018 1:08 PM, Tina wrote:
Jill, I wish you'd try a bit harder with FB rpca. OK there's a lot
of people you don't know, but you do know some of us, it's just you
may not recognise their real names. FB rpca does take some getting
used to, it's different, extremely fast paced, just reply to what
you like, tick to like others with various emoticoms, and ignore
the rest that you don't have time for.. I'm sorry you didn't feel
welcome, of course you are. It's just different, you'll get used to
it. Persevere.

Thanks! I never said I didn't feel welcome. I just don't like the
FB interface.

I don't like Facebook either. I tried it once, very briefly, many
years ago, took against it and decided I didn't need to spend even
more time on the computer learning to use a program I disliked from
the start.

I do miss some of the old groups I used to follow - pretty much
defunct now, all of them, but I doubt I'll give Facebook another try.
There's not much point, since it's such a different kind of software
than the discussions I liked ran on that I doubt I'd like it any more
than I did all those years ago.

Admittedly, I sometimes feel like I'm out of the Ark, since just about
everyone I know seems to be on Facebook, but joining still doesn't
appeal to me.

Same here, Cheryl. One thing I disliked about FB is (from inception)
they made it nearly impossible to deactivate/delete the account. It's
also fraught with security issues. I don't need FB to keep in touch
with people. If that makes you out of the Ark, I guess that makes me a
Luddite. Hey, I don't own a Smartphone, either.

Jill

My Mobile phone is for emergencies and keeping in contact with my husband
when I'm out somewhere. I do take photos on it but not that often. I have
a camera if want to take proper photos.

Judith

My mobile phone is mostly just for emergencies. However, I do
occasionally take photos on it. It takes much better photos than the
little point-and-shoot camera I have.

I used it recently to help me set up a price comparison chart for
groceries and things I buy regularly. During the hot weather I'd been
taking my daily walk in various stores. When I saw something I buy
often in a store where I don't usually shop, I'd take a photo of the
item and the price. Then I made a spreadsheet, showing the prices at
various places for various items. If I need something on that
spreadsheet, I look at the list to find the best place to buy it.

Naturally I deleted the photos after I'd made the spreadsheet. It was a
lot simpler than writing everything down. Now I carry a copy of the
spreadsheet with me, and if I'm shopping, or walking, and see something
on sale that I buy often, I'll check to see if that is really the best deal.