Old June 23rd 03, 11:22 PM
Tara

Dee wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Tara wrote:

people who had a problem with you saying that and then grabbing your
cat and kissing her

Argh! I kiss my cats every day before I leave! *grin*

Hey, I grab my Ben cat and kiss him right smack in the middle of his
forehead. He HATES it. He gives me a dirty look, and settles back into
cuddling. If I do it again (which I admittedly often do eg) then he
gets up in a huff and leaves. heh. Gotta have a sense of humor if yer
gonna live in *this* house :-) I can (and sometimes do) impose an inner
dialogue that gives voice to the fussing and the faces that he makes,
but it would be a disservice to him if I *believed* that inner dialogue
was actually what he was "thinking". Sure, it looks like an "awww MOM!
Cut it out, I hate that.", but its more likely that his feelings and
reactions are sourced in something much more uniquely feline than that.
and that's just as it should be.

I wonder if they interpret a lot of *our* behaviors through the filter
of the feline mind. Hmmm.....

Tara