Old April 25th 04, 07:10 AM
Yoj

You might call your local humane society or rescue organization. Maybe
they can refer you to help. Or you could do a search on line.

Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
Jean,

We have wildlife rescue groups with vets, but I haven't a clue where

or even
if there's one around me.

Baby is wriggling around in my pocket as I type. He is eating well. I

will
make him a nest in a small cat carrier and buy some rabbit pellets

when I
get to town, serve them soaked in milk initially.

BTW Tommy is a *cat* and was just being a cat. Catch and kill anything

that
moves, but first bring it in the house to show meowmie.

Pat

P.S. I always stop traffic for snakes and turtles. Once I found a wild
turkey hen in the road, just sitting there, completely uninjured. I

parked
the car and carried her into the woods.

"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message
Here in Australia we have vets who are connected
to *Wires* I dont know what the letters stand for
but its an organisation that takes care of wild animals
Injured or such. I rescued a big bird once that
had obviously been hit by one car but was still on
its feet and trying to dodge a stream of other cars
it was funny in a way, a few of us were watching in horror
and I had a baby I asked a young girl to hold the pram
while I advanced into the middle of the road holding
my hand up in the stop position like a flipping policeman
but it worked and they stopped to let me pick the bird up
I think it was a crow of all things a shop keeper gave me a
piece of cloth to wrap around its talons and the girl pushed the

pram and
we
took it to the vet who I knew was in wires
they care for them and then set them free. This turned out to be

longer
than
I meant it to be. Have you got such an
organisation you could take the little bunny to,I hope it
survives poor baby, no mama no siblings it needed our
dog to find it, and maybe your puppy was trying to save
these poor little creatures,after all a lot of dogs would
have finished them off out there, but he brought them
to you cause he knew you would care, so it could be he was a good

dog not
bad dog. Cheers Jean.