Old October 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Preventing mats

---MIKE--- wrote:
Thanks Phil. Tiger objects to being combed but does like to be brushed.
Right now I am using a small brush purchased at a barber shop. It is
rubber with "bumps" similar to the "love glove" but a little more
aggressive. I'm not sure how it will work after his hair grows longer
but Tiger likes to be brushed with it right now.

Well, now you have had two people who know a hell of a lot about cats
(Phil who has been in cat rescue and welfare for 45 years, and myself,
who has been a professional cat groomer, vet tech and in animal welfare
and rescue for at something like 15 years) tell you to use a metal
grooming comb. Keep using brushes and your cat will get matts. It
really *is* that simple. Zoom Groom is a waste of money for
long-haired cats, as are all of those other supposed "great" gimmicks
on the market.

-L.