Old May 23rd 15, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mark Carroll[_2_]

Default After 8 years, my feral is using the Skyway!

John Doe writes:

Incidentally, outside we have one of those PIR-activated ultrasonic
noisemakers protecting a patch of lawn, after I got fed up of having
to pick up all the neighbour's cat's faeces each time before I get
into mowing the grass. Now the cat just hisses at it from atop the
fence and walks across our decking instead (which I don't mind if it
doesn't defecate all over it!).

I can't imagine why the feces would be high off of the ground, or that
you couldn't just spray it into the ground. Probably makes good
fertilizer.

I typically don't have some spraying device handy. The faeces just sit
atop the grass, there's no apparent attempt by the cat to dig, and it's
annoying and smelly to risk treading in them whenever I go out onto the
lawn (especially in mowing it I am guaranteed to walk on pretty much
every part), and have to clean my shoes before coming back into the
house.

-- Mark