Old May 19th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Hair balls?

"Rene S." wrote in news:b466189c-2188-4be6-
:

I should have mentioned that it might be harder to find. I had heard
that canned pumpkin will not be as plentiful this year, due to rain/
rotting of crops in the fields. :-/

Yeah. I heard that last fall. I'm making up teaspoon portions of the
large can and freezing them. It'll probably only stay eatable in the
refrigerator for four or five days.

For the first time since I switched her to Wellness she has had a semi-
soft very smelly BM this AM. The pumpkin? That's the only thing I've
changed in her diet. The pumpkin seems to be working for her hairballs,
if that's what she has - for the first time since 5/14 she didn't vomit
last night. Amazing that a little bit (one teaspoon in one meal at noon
yesterday) would be that effective. Or co-incidence? If it continues to
work, I wonder how long should I add it to her food? My cat books don't
say. Forever? Until three or four days of no vomiting?