Old November 3rd 03, 05:35 PM
kaeli

In article ,
itty enlightened us with...

Good post, kaeli. I didn't like the line the OP wrote about shelter cats having
problems, and finally getting a cat she liked by buying one. Maybe this is true
for her, but I *guarantee* the people who buy cats at mall pet stores and such
are taking as big a risk getting a cat that's been raised under horrid
conditions as street cat or relinquished cats that land in shelters.

snip
Don't buy from a pet store,
anyone, ever. Please. puppy mill rant over

Pet store animals are so unhealthy, at least at the malls around here,
that it makes me want a law against selling pets in stores.
The pet store by me that sells live animals has cats and dogs that
appear so ill, it's a wonder people buy them. The purebred cats all have
URIs and the dogs all have kennel cough. But because they are being
treated, there's no law being broken. Tells you the conditions they came
from, though.

Sad.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace