Old November 6th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
RPSinha

Default What is worse: Carbs, Wheat gluten, Rice, Corn, Mercury, Phosphorous?

cybercat wrote:

: You are an intelligent enough man to know that many of the
: problems we and our pets encounter are unavoidable. And you
: already know what to do to avoid endangering your animals.

I think you are giving me too much credit. Just because I know that
"many" problems are avoidable does not mean I know which ones can be
easily avoided and how.

Similarly, what I "already know" as being good is *not* possible: avoid
all of (1) High % of carbs, (2) wheat gluten, (3) rice, (4) corn, (5)
mercury, (6) high phosphorous.

I don't already know which of these are greater concern than others. Of
course, I know that good meat is good, but...

I don't know which can has meat from diseased animals---yes,
manufacturers are allowed to do that, and no they are not required to
disclose that they did that. So I assume, rightly or not, time will
tell, that higher price means better meat.

Next, I don't know how to choose among meat with wheat gluten, meat
with corn, and meat with phosphorous.

If I did, I wouldn't have asked.

If you do believe that I am an intelligent person---and I have a PhD to
justify that assumption, although not in feline nutrition ---then
you must also trust that I know which questions are interesting to me
and why.

And I don't demand that you must share that interest. I accept that you
and I are different persons, with different interests and experiences.