Old April 8th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default I had to pass this on

"Matthew" wrote in message
I remember this It only confirms they are more than they let on

Ps How are the colonies doing

The colonies are doing a lot better than many shelter cats- Its kitten
season, which means many shelters are killing a lot of cats older than 6-12
months to free up cages for kittens-- which are easier to adopt. Kittens
are easy money for some shelters- fast turnover.

We've stepped up shelter rescues to try to save as many older cats as we
can- but we're rapidly running out of space and fosterers. You've got to see
some of the cats we took that those slaughterhouses were going to kill. I
haven't had time to upload all the pictures- be here are a few:

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Joseph-1y-6m--PP.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Johnny-7-mo-PPM.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Gigi-1yo-PP.jpg (She has "tortitude")

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Eta_Carina.jpg (I've got a feeling this one
will be Number 12!)

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/maple-4yoM-PV.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Candy--1yr-PPM-.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/Peaches-2yr-PPM.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/BigBen-4%20yo-PV.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Adoptions/cookie2-8mos-PV.jpg They say calicos have
the "demon gene"- look in her eyes!

Phil

"Phil P." wrote in message
The woman in the video found this wounded lion that almost died in the
jungle. She took him to her home and took care of him until he got

better.
When the lion rebounded, she called a zoo and made some arrangements for
it
to be taken away and to provide a new home, where it could continue to

be
cared for . This video was filmed when the woman went to visit the lion

at
the zoo after time..The reaction of the lion when he perceives her

is ---
well see for yourself:

http://www.telestereo.com/Archivos/video.swf