Old October 20th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

Response from RPSinha :

I have been asking a lot of questions, but please bear with me!

My latest is: Is there such a thing as "cat whistle", something
cats can hear and humans can't. (Similar to what's available for
dogs.)

Sometimes we have to go looking for our cat, who may be hiding who
knows where. It is quite a spectacle to go around yelling her
name. If there was a whistle we could teach her to recognize, but
people couldn't hear it, then we could do this discreetly.

From the very beginning I used "Gabby" for everything related to the
cat. And I used "gabby-gabby-gabby" in a high-pitched and fast
voice to mean here comes dinner.

Now I can literally call his name once and he comes to see what I
want? If I use the "dinner bell," he blasts off from wherever he is
and heads straight to his bowl.

So calling them DOES work. You just have to put in 10x the effort
as you do with a dog it seems.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.