Old November 16th 03, 04:08 PM
KellyH

"Linda E" wrote in message

My cats *definately* understand the differences between: "Wanna go for a
walk?" (they'll run to the front door), "Wanna go downstairs?" (they'll

run
to the cellar door), "crunchies" (they'll run to the dining room).......

And I *believe* I say those things with the same tone/pitch in my voice.

My cat Dash (RB) always knew who my parents were, even after I had moved 500
miles away and hadn't seen them in a year. She would run and hide whenever
strangers were came in the house, but if they were here, she would run at
first, until she heard their voices, then she came out.

Of course, for those who feed canned food, their cats know the sound of the
can opener. Mine also know the sound of their automatic feeder, and my
mom's cat knows deli paper.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net