Old August 25th 10, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Finally a Name

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:38:28 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Sorry, got the first one wrong - it is "Cardiomyopathy" (I'm also
dyslexic -
"Dyslexics Untie!!" ;

I read you first post, and thought "I know what Cardiomyopathy is...I
wonder if Catnipped got it backwards" Medical terms are really
confusing.

Cardiomyopathy just means damage or deterioration to the heart muscle.
It's sort of a general term, and doesn't indicate how or why it has
happened.

Left ventricular thrombus is another kind of general term. It means a
blood clot in, or affecting the left ventricle.

The left ventricle is the chamber of the heart that does the most work
of pumping blood.

So, the 'names' they gave you sort of describe what happened to your
heart, but not how or why.

I hope that you are feeling better, and that you are getting enough pain
medication to be reasonably comfortable.

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for anyone to me IN A HOSPITAL, and be in
pain! Hearing about that just made me angry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100824-1, 08/24/2010
Tested on: 8/24/2010 5:21:50 PM

Thank you, Inge. That's sort of what I thought, but a google search just
brings up sites that are incomprehensible to a non-medical person. And the
amount of "hits" is in the millions, and I am just too physically tired to
even think about it. My brain just seems to "seize up" on me. My heart
just will no longer let me push myself past exhaustion and pain like my
stubbornness and pig-headedness used to do. I'm not getting enough oxygen
into my body to exert even mental effort. So I really appreciate and simple
language explanation.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/