Old October 19th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Where is the facebook group

In ,
dgk typed:
I searched facebook for rpca but just found a bunch of people. A link
would be appreciated.

As others have mentioned, its a secret group to protect the privacy of those
who post there, so won't be found through a search.

For that reason, i am loathe to publish the direct link to a secret private
group on open Usenet.

However, there are two ways to find it:

1) Find one of the members of the group of the RPCA group on Facebook (ie,
most of the people who post here, plus a large number of people who used to
post here), and 'friend' them. Once you've friended them, let them know of
your desire to join RPCA-on-Facebook. They can mention that desire on the
RPCA-on-Facebook group, and someone will give them temporary admin rights so
they can add you to the group. It would be a bit quicker if you found and
friended one of the people who are already admins: Lena Westeberg, Victor
Martinez or myself. Search by my e-mail addy (its the one I use for here as
well without of course the spamtrap). My picture is of Suki & Pickle, my
name is Vicky Chapman.

2) E-mail me privately (using the address I used to post this, bar the
spamtrap) and I'll send you the link to the group. When you click on the
link it will tell you that you are not a member of the group - but there
should be an option to request membership. Click it, and someone will
approve you.

Hope that helps,

Yowie