Old February 2nd 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jennyanniedots

Default litter crystals and leaky liners?

Hi all,
I just started using the litter crystals, and am looking for some
advice. While I am loving them overall, I've noticed a strange thing
happening which never used to happen with my previous litter. (Which
is Feline Pine.)

Satellite pees in the same spot in the box all the time. While I do
get in there to mix the crystals up every other day, the crystals in
that spot seem to get saturated pretty easily. Right around that spot
a tear (or a hole?) seems to be appearing in the liner, and the papers
underneath it are getting wet. Yucky.

is the urine not being fully absorbed by the crystals eating a hole in
the liner?? Is there a really tough liner someone can recommend? Do
you blend the crystals with other litter - if so, how's that working?
I love not having to scoop up the clumps, because they always break up
in there and ruin the litter.

Thanks in advance,
jen