Old January 31st 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default How to care for a long-haired cat?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
We have been adopted by a stray long-haired cat - and we don't know how to
care for him properly.

His hair is so long that he can't groom himself - and when we took him
over we had to get him shaved by the vet.
He's now getting matted again. We took him to a professional groomer ,
who took two hours and still didn't finish - and the cat seemed distressed
by the procedure.

What should we do?
--

Brush him daily and cut out any knots. It might be a relaxing thing to do in
the