Old November 7th 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default Where is Everyone? Roll Call.

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

Has UseNet finally been left behind / made redundant by Facebook?
It's sad because it outlasted so many other internet innovations and
messaging systems since the old "bulletin board" days on which I
started. It seems now to be forsaken for Facebook - adding another
few billions of dollars to Facebook's creator/thief (according to the
movie, anyway).

Or is it just this particular group that has been deserted by those
fed up with what it seems to have turned into these past two years
(and, if so, I'll have to take my fair share of the blame for that)?
I don't know if it will make any difference, but I've made a promise
to myself to stick strictly to the subject of cats and friendly chat
amongst cat slaves - no matter what the provocation. I'm hoping that
it's not too little, too late.

Whatever the reason may be, I'm mourning the passage of this
unimaginable, unequaled, fantastic and even magical bit of cyber
friendship - amazed that it came to be in the first place. I remember
the days when 200 new posts per day was the norm, every troll was
"recipied" out the door, political and religious threads would see
hundreds of posts but not a single rude comment. *Everyone* felt
welcomed, cherished and appreciated for who and what they are/were -
ailurophiles (thank you David Stevenson for teaching me that word).

I *SO* miss my dear friends who no longer post here. I know my age is
making it seem like the "glory days" have gone by, never to be
recaptured. But, I would give anything possible to make this group
what it once was - even though no single person can bring back what we
lost. It takes the tacit agreement of hundreds of individual posters
and I'm afraid that there are not enough people still left here to
accomplish that.

Anyway, I would love to know who is still posting or lurking here -
those who haven't given up on trying to recapture what we once had.

Also, if anyone knows why someone left (disliking the group or just
likes Facebook more), I'd like to know that too, if possible.

So my hand is up - Lori Crews (real name optional) aka "CatNipped"
began posting to rec.pets.cats from around 1994 (posting history is
optional).

I lurk more than post here. I prefer FB because there are no wars there.

Bobble