Old December 29th 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

Default I'm having new neighbour problems OT

MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
Pickles is pretty leery of people other than me...

In my part of the UK, "leery" means "aggressive, looking for a
fight".

That's probably only in your part of the UK, then. It seems most
everywhere else "leery" and "wary" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leery

(Notice that your meaning is there, denoted slang.)

"Wary", on the other hand, means "careful of, avoiding"
(as in "beware"). Either you meant "wary", or this is another
peculiarity of English (US) vs. English (British)!

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*