Old April 14th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Catnip and Catgrass

Unknown One wrote:
This may sound like a dumb questionbut -----

What, if any, is the difference between Catnip and Catgrass??

I grow my own catnip outdoor for my cats. It comes up every year now.

Catcrass is grass - mostly barley or oat grass, preferably grown indoors so
that when the cat eats it, they won't ingest parasite eggs (like cows and
other grazing animals do). It aids in the passing of hairballs, they get
veggie-vitamins from it and sometimes it makes them throw up (another aid to
the reverse-elimination of hairballs).

Catnip is an herb, a member of the mint family, is a leafy green plant that
some cats go loco when they come in contact with - while others ignore.