Old September 18th 11, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Need a cat gracy recipe or a cat friendly gravy recipe

On Sep 18, 12:28*pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
Limo who is 15 almost 16 has something wrong with her mouth it is not a
tumor or lesion *the flesh under her tongue is staying inflamed. *The vet
believe it is an auto immune disease. *He put her on antibiotics in the
beginning they helped out a lot but are doing nothing now.

Currently treating with corticoid shot every couple weeks she goes back this
week again. *Probably put her on a permanent version of the drug. *She hates
being pilled she runs and hides for hours if you miss getting her.

Well she has trouble chewing. *We have found she will still drink the gravy
or juices. *So I have been squeezing various pouches out for her to eat.. *WE
have tried that liquid supplement ,chicken broth chicken stock gravy in the
jars and cans she ignores it *, tried the senior vitamin supplement paste
she ignores it. *I even tried the gravy for dogs she ignores it *while
Rumble gobbles it.
Done evaporated milk *she will drink when she is in the mood. *Kitten milk
ignores it

She will eat tuna and chicken from the can juices sometimes but really want
to stay away from that too much processed junk in it a couple times I know
is fine but need to find another source. *I did bake some chicken the other
day *the juices from it *she gobbled. *I know how to make gravy but mine
always have onions and some other non furball friendly stuff. *I do not know
how flour effects cats since that is what I use to thicken the product

Anyone have had the same experience with a gravy gobbler. *This probably
would benefit Rumble also since he is a gravy gobbler. *There used to be a
product called Just gravy but is no longer being produced in the US.

My vet does not have any recommendations. *He is one of the ones that don't
try and push products on people for ridiculous prices

I have checked online *all I find is people asking the same question or
sites that want you to buy some product

Any help is greatly appreciated

I have a gravy-gobbler too; as far as commercial products, she likes
the new
Fancy Feast for Gravy Lovers (or something like that)...and there's a
product called
Vita Gravy. It's not exhorbitantly expensive really and we do buy it
when she's
not eating well.
She also likes homemade broth. Have you tried it? I'm sure you already
know how
to make it, but here's what I do: Get beef soup bones, or chicken legs/
thighs, whichever
you prefer. Crack the chicken bones so that the marrow can come out.
Just simmer
on the stove forever, you can throw in some root vegetables, just not
onion. I take out
the meat, throw away the vegetables. I freeze it in small ziplock
bags. I suppose you
could thicken it to look like gravy, but Boots doesn't seem to care.

Homemade broth probably isn't all that nutritious for a cat, but when
you've got a
cat who is refusing anything, it's better than nothing. At least
they're not getting all the
sodium that's in some canned tuna/chicken. She is the pickiest cat
ever. She
is my herpes cat. She has polyps in her nose and when the URI symptoms
flare, she
doesn't eat well, maybe because her breathing and sense of smell is
impaired. That's
when it's a real challenge to make sure she eats.

Good luck w/Limo.

Sherry