Old March 8th 04, 10:39 PM
Wendy

"Yngver" wrote in message
"Karen" wrote:

Is there any reason we should not feed our thin cat (she's 7 years old)

kitten or growth formula to help her keep her weight up? We bought her

some and
she's been gobbling it up.

It's what I'd do. If she is underweight and has that tendancy I wouldn't
figure it a problem.

Thanks. Although our cat just turned 7, and I see a lot of cat foods are
marketed as senior or mature formulas for cats age 7 and older, I'm

assuming
most senior formulas are for weight control and not so good for a cat that
needs to gain weight. This is a cat that is so active I don't think she is
every going to be overweight. She is one cat that could be free fed

without any
fear of overeating; unfortunately with our new fatso we can't do that

anymore.

If your skinny girl is much smaller than the overweight cats get a box and
cut a hole in the side that she can fit through but her portly friends can't
and feed her in there. That's what we have to do with Boots' food to keep
the two girls out of it. So far it's working although we had to velcro his
bowl down so Isabelle couldn't shake the box and get the bowl to slide to
the front where she could get to it.