Old October 14th 03, 01:11 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Aphrodite's Cat composed with style:

I stand by the decision of the SPCA. I also stand by my own
principles of not fostering any more kittens. I can not
emotionally cope with the loss or potential loss.

I'm very sorry you lost the kittens. Bless you for trying and this is
one of the things our local SPCA tells new fosterers: That kittens do
die. They are fragile and they are always exposed to many bugs and
bacteria when they are either at the shelter or at clinics being
vetted. Our SPCA has similar policies about euthanizing kittens,
though they usually give them more of a chance but know you did what
you could do and if you can't handle it, bless you for acknowledging
that in the beginning. I am not sure I could foster sick kittens,
either. I had to "kennel" for 60 cats one long weekend in the summer
and it broke my heart how many were sick and those that didn't make
it. Purrs to you for loving them. Rescue groups have different
policies based on how many resources and volunteers are available to
help. How about fostering the older ones?