Old March 29th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default DON'T FALL FOR IT

"Granby" wrote in message
I am so glad someone called this one for what it is. This is a subject
that will never be solved and I would bet most anything that someone looked
up the history and decided to start all the anger and sparring all over
again. Thank you Matthew for stopping it before it blew up again.

I believe it *can* be solved if all Americans on here when they went to TED
asked them if they declaw. If they say "yes" ask them why. Tell them that
America is the only place in the world where furniture is more important
than cats, give them a guilt trip and threaten to take your business away
from them if they admit to it.
And keep doing it as you change vets. Flood the internet about how cruel
declawing is and give your vet a hard time if s/he will do it.
My vet certainly wouldn't unless my cat had a nail bed infection that could
not be resolved any other way.
We do not remove the claws from our cats here. We are intelligent enough to
realise that they come with them installed and if you don't like it, don't
have a cat.