Old January 29th 05, 04:55 PM
Lynn via CatKB.com

Paging Dr. Phil...lol...In trying to monitor ph I've found that Noel always has leukocytes present in his urine when we check it. Not just a slight positive but as much as the strip can detect (+++). In the absence of other red flags my vet tells me that it is most likely the result of contamination of the sample. I know that catching the urine as the cat urinates in the litter box is not the best way to test but that is the least invasive way to monitor. Do you agree that the positive (+++) for leukocytes is indicative of contamination and not infection or some other problem. I guess the only way to know for sure is to collect the urine directly from the bladder but I'm not really willing to put Noel through any invasive tests when he is doing so well. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Maybe we should have our own "Dr. Phil" show! I for one am much more interested in discussing cats and thier issues than humans and theirs! lol