Old December 5th 03, 04:58 AM
-L.

"Joe Pitt" wrote in message ...
I attended a presentation about stopping the killing of cats (and dogs) in
animal control facilities. He emphasised that you euthanize an animal that
is SICK. What is happening in shelters all over is they are KILLING
perfectly fine animals because they are unwanted, often due to the failure
to spay and neuter their parents. The general public sees 'euthanized' and
it softens what is happening in their minds.

It's not good and it's not right, and I certainly wish it never had to
happen. But death by lethal injection is more *humane* than death on
the streets, death by prolonged disease, death by dog or other
predator, being hit by cars, or shot or maimed by a human. It is even
preferrable to prolonged life in a cage. No, it isn't euthanasia, in
the proper meaning of the word, but it is better than the
alternatives.

-L.