Old October 25th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
J.King

Default How to....outdoor to indoor

This cat weighs 20 lbs already! He's huge! I'd hate to see him gain even
more weight. He also doesn't jump or climb things. He just loves chasing
the mice out around the barn:-/

Joanne

"John Doe" wrote in message
. ..
"J.King" wrote:

I took in a huge stray male cat almost 2 years ago. He was
hanging around my barn for about 2 years before I befriended him
and he adopted me. I've always had inside cats. This one goes
out. I'm a worrier (about my animals). I worry as soon as I lose
sight of him. Is it possible to make an indoor cat out of a stray
who lives to go outside????

Exercise is easy to provide with carpeted 1x4s or 2x4s (if you don't
mind the weight). An electric staple gun is the easiest (of course
you want to embed the staples deeply and on the opposite side of
travel). Warming up to the idea might take weeks or longer, so don't
get discouraged if he doesn't climb them immediately.

Good luck and have fun