Old January 2nd 04, 10:17 PM
Sharon Talbert

I haven't seen the hair loss you seem to be describing, but in case you
actually meant the hair loss to have started from the base of the tail
(nearest the body), it could be the following:

If the cat is intact (not neutered), he may have "stud tail."

If neutered, he may have developed an allergy to fleas.

Either way (or neither way), you need to consult your vet.

Let us know the outcome.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, KappaMan wrote:

My 6 year old Siamese male has recently been losing hair from the tip of his
tail and it is slowly moving in a stripe formation to the base of his body.
He seems to be eating and using the litter box regularly as well as playing
with our other cat (1 year old).

I've been reading all night about possible reasons but I have fallen short
of any reasonable answer.

Thank you for your help.