Old April 11th 04, 07:26 AM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Dennis Carr" wrote in message
news

Thing is, too, like Mary said, it could potentially give an excuse to
some people to say "Read the @#$%@#! FAQ!", but I also think that's partly
the fault of the group there - in my opinion, a FAQ is not an excuse to
shy on a user for asking such a question, but more a repository of data.

I think, though, in this particular group, there would be few 'regulars' who
would do that. People here rarely even complain about spam and poor
netiquette so I can't imagine many would chastise someone for not reading
the FAQ before asking a question. Were someone to ask one of the frequently
asked questions, I would probably reply with something like, "There is some
very good information in the FAQ about that. You can find the FAQ at
www.whatevertheaddress.com and then I would probably cut and paste the
information in my post, as well. But I would probably only reply if no one
else offered any information. As Laura said, people here are pretty mellow
(aside from a few personal spats fought in public and certain contentious
topics).

rona
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."