Old January 22nd 05, 01:33 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:cNhId.1333$8Q.960@okepread06...
Well he recommended isolating them because the other two cats are still on
the same food (I have one more bag of the old stuff) and the food Icarus
needs to be eating for the next few weeks is a prescription diet. It is

also
because of the litterbox issue and it was recommended that he have his own
litterbox for now that is not usable by the other cats in the household
until the UTI clears up. I'll be putting all the cats on the same food

once
Icarus has ended having to eat this special dry food as well as the

canned.

I can sort of understood separating him because of the food bit - until
they're all eating the same food, but I don't understand the litter box
part. When one of my cats had a UTI, there was no problem w/ him using the
same litter boxes as my other cat. Although, considering you have 3 cats,
having a second litter box would certainly be advisable - no matter what.

Cathy

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
OK, my only question is, if you put htem all on the same food, why does
Icarus have to be isolated? That is what I did when Grant got crystals.
They
all just eat the same food and my other two are girls with no problems.