Old August 5th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default IBD and not eating well

On 4 Aug 2006 21:31:40 -0700, "
wrote:

Rene S. wrote:
Rob,

You need to talk to your vet about giving sub-Q fluids at home to your
kitty. It's easy to do (I've done it) and takes only a few minutes.
This will get her through her tough time, and save both of you the
stress of bringing her to the vets.

I did this too with Maynard. It was very easy to do, and much less
stressful than repeated trips to the vet. I think the pack was $25 and
included enough for 10 days for the amount Maynard needed. The needle
didn't bother him. We just had him sit on my mom's lap while I did what
I needed to, and he enjoyed the attention. I was abit nervous a couple
times, but it went fine.

I had to ask since my vet didn't suggest it. This was not my regular
vet, but a closer one I tried. But when I asked, they were quite
agreeable, did the first dose at the office so I could learn hands on,
and they didn't charge me for the teaching session.

Well, on the plus side, she is eating. Probably about 1/4 of what she
was eating before, but she's eating. I feel so terrible that I have
to close her up in the bedroom when I leave the house. I've been
trying to have food available for her at all times and her brother
will eat anything in sight!