Old December 17th 04, 01:36 AM
Mike Rhino

"Gee" wrote in message
news

Hi Ken.

You are very lucky to have the joys of a lil kitten around the house. They
are amazing lil creatures and full of joy and fun. However this time does
pass fast, so by next year this time, s/he will probably spend most of

time
sleeping and you will only wish it was more playful.

Cats love to climb. The higher the better. They would live on a ceiling if
they could. Hence the need for climbing the curtains and shelves. They

also
have to scratch. So scratching posts are a must and 2-3 if you have bigger
house. Otherwise they will scratch the sofa or bed. Or carpet.

After getting my first kitten, I discovered that most of my stuff isn't
breakable. I have a major problem with wires however. Kitty is still
alive, but I don't know why. I think part of it is that she likes to
practice picking things up which is different from biting through things.
Last week, she picked up a nickel which surprised me. She held it between
her paws and examined it. I didn't know cats had that much dexterity.

She does like to chew through shoe laces. This morning, I was having
trouble tying my shoes, because of the cat, so I decided to wait until I
left and tie them on the patio. I was walking around with untied shoe laces
and the cat was chasing my laces and hooking them with her claws.

Samantha: Five pounds of fiendish fury.