Old June 1st 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Banana -okay for cat?

RobZip wrote:
Spot being the adventerous sort that he is decided to sample some banana
today. It surprisd me that he actually would eat it The texture seemed a bit
awkward for him but he really was intent on having it.

I seem to recall something about bananas having too much potassium or some
other element to be good for cats. Anybody got more info?

I wouldn't worry about it unless your cat is only eating bananas and
bunches of them. A small amount of banana as an occasional treat isn't
going to hurt. My cats love cantelope.