Old October 20th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmcquown

Default Derm Caps or Drs Foster & Smith "Vitacaps" for allergic cats?

wrote:
Does anyone have experience with either? Some sites recommend this in
conjunction with Chlortrimeton for cats with allergies.

I get the *liquid* Derm Caps (comes in a pump bottle) and add it to
Persia's food when she gets dry skin. She doesn't have a medical skin
condition; it just gets flaky when I have to turn on the heat in the winter.
Heck, my skin needs extra help then, too. It works a treat. I've not tried
anything else but again, hers is not a medical condition. Good luck!

Derm Caps

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pdetail.asp?SK=10303

Derm Caps 10's For Petite & Miniature Breeds 60ct Bottle #10303

A concentrated fatty acid dietary supplement that promotes healthy
skin and soft & shiny coats on dogs and cats. Formulated with a
combination of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids such as Safflower Oil
, Borage Seed Oil, Fish Oil And Vitamin E.

Drs Foster and Smith Vitacaps:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3089
&Ntt=vitacaps&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np= 1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

Highly concentrated source of marine lipid fatty acids is what your
cat needs for healthy skin. Especially rich in Omega-3 marine lipids,
used by veterinarians to alleviate dry, flaky skin and lessen
incessant scratching caused by allergies. In fact, we have 20%-30%
more of the most effective Omega-3s per capsule than our closest
competitor. Vitacaps also contains the antioxidants Vitamin A and
Vitamin C plus the vital mineral Zinc, all of which are necessary to
help your pet build healthier skin and a quality haircoat. Our
competition does not. For cats and small dogs.