Old October 22nd 13, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Dark, crusty area on nose

wrote:
My white cat's nose had a small dark spot on it for a couple of
months. I couldn't feel anything and didn't worry about it.
Recently it got larger and now she has several black spots on top of
nose. When I feel them they feel crusty. The side of her nose also
is darker.

She had acne on her chin which got better when I started cleaning her
chin after she ate. I tried that on her nose but it's not any
better. I have taken this poor animal to the vet at least five times
in the past two months for various issues. She HATES it. I'll take
her again, but was wondering if this could also be acne?

It doesn't bother her at all. If she wasn't white it wouldn't look
nearly so bad.

I have a gel that the vet gave me for her chin. I was thinking of
trying it on her nose.

Ideas?

thanks

Take her to the vet. Ask him/her to take a sample of one of the dark spots
and do a biopsy in it. It could be a melanoma or other skin cancer. You
would do the same thing were you to find such a spot growing on your own
skin.