Old October 27th 13, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Dark, crusty area on nose

wrote:
BTW - I have always kept ALL my cats indoors and always will.

All of us can't do that. In my case, they were all feral or just wandered in
from who knows where, and only stayed because they liked my food and living
conditions. There is no way I could cope with keeping them locked up. But I
live in a relatively safe area where the hazards are few. I have only lost a
couple over the years from being poisoned by stupid neighbors who spill
poisonous substances on the ground, and I have friends who have lost just as
many from bad cat food, so there is really no way one can be certain that
his cats will survive. This is a hazardous world for both cats and men. If I
were Bill Gates (or someone as rich as he is) I would have a huge farm just
for stray cats. But even there, I would probably lose some to large birds of
prey. I live near a river here, and I almost lost one several years ago to
an osprey who swooped down and hit my rear deck only a few feet from one of
the cats. She ran through the cat door just in the nick of time to escape
his talons.....