Old July 14th 03, 02:08 AM

SInce coming home, she's spent almost
all the time out of reach under the queen
bed, avoiding Duey my 10 year old cat
and me. Not making any noise, except
some pleasant sounds when I reach in
and pet her. She also does not appear to
have drank, pooped or peed in that time. I
did put her in the bathroom overnight
(after dragging her gently out from under
the bed without any apparent fuss on her
part), with food and water, but she
crawled up in the linen closet and ate
neither. I did this so she would not have
an accident but left the bathroom door
open. SHe never left. She did nibble a few
pellets off the floor when I took them out
in front of her.
Bottom line, I suppose this is fairly normal
(?), but can anyone give me a time frame
after which it's not? SHe ought to be
getting pretty hungry and thirsty. She's not
listless

This is a very stressful situation for the new cat as she is suddenly in
a strange place with strange people and and a cat she doesn't know, and
it sounds like she is a sensitive girl that is taking the change harder
than most. You are unintentionally forcing too much on her at once. Give
her time to adjust to her new surroundings before you attempt to
introduce the resident cat to her. Separate the cats immediately and do
not let them see each other for at least several days to a week before
you attempt an introduction and spend that time getting her used to you
and reassuring her. Here are good instructions on how to introduce a new
cat into the household:
http://www.catsinternational.org/3_6.html

Megan

nothing."