Old September 23rd 03, 04:07 AM
MacCandace

That´s one expensive antibiotic! Recurring infections is a sign of
immune weakness, alkaline urine pH, and not enough urination. If he
were my cat, I would try to solve the problem with a high quality
canned diet (e.g. Wellness, Felidae, Wysong etc.), give him a raw
snack daily (beef or chicken), give him raw liver once a week and
supplement his diet with B vitamins. I would only resort to abx if
this didn´t work. Have you tried the online drugstores?

I thought the recurring infections was because his urine is dilute. Yes, I
have tried the online drugstores. They sell augmentin (same as clavamox) but
not zeniquin. Aside from the above diet probably not being good for a CRF cat,
he wouldn't eat it. He's one cat who has never liked human food including any
sort of raw meat. He eats Hill's g/d which was recommended by both Steve Crane
(my cats already ate Hill's prescription foods so it wasn't Steve who convinced
me to go Hill's) and Phil Pass. He won't eat k/d. He eats Pro Plan, Nutro,
and also Fancy Feast because he likes it and it's important that he eats. I am
trying to supplement his diet with vitamins but he fights it whether I give it
to him in a tube, right into his mouth, or mixed into his food.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace