Old March 11th 04, 09:46 PM
Sharon Talbert

The cat is going to need extended cage rest after the surgery, is my
guess. Chances are fair to good that he will socialize in your care or
even own up to being someone's long abandoned pet rather than feral-born.
One of our sweetest rescues was a "feral" cat that had been mauled by a
dog who need extended cage care. After a few days, Garbonzo (named for
his admirable tomliness) confessed he was perfectly tame. He still sends
us Christmas cards from his adopted home.

That aside, all you need provide your guy is a comfortable cage (a large
dog crate works very well) and supportive care.

Have the vet treat the cat with Revolution while it is under. That will
take care of his fleas and a few other parasites he is likely to have.

Read my blurb, "Taming the Tiger," posted to the Campus Cats website, for
some tips on setting up the cage.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org