Old February 18th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default I'm back, but not for wonderful reasons

clifto wrote:

If anyone has any suggestions for finding inexpensive chemotherapy for him,
please let me know. My own cancer last year, and Linus' $600 in tests, have
left us with little financial headroom. (No, this is not an appeal for money,
unless you can light your Cuban cigars with fifties instead of hundreds for
a few weeks.)

I'm sorry about your cat. Maybe oral chemotherapy along with
prednisone would be of some benefit? Of course, you would need to
consult with a vet to get the correct drug in the first place but I
know that, in humans, research is leaning toward more oral chemos than
IV, if possible, just because of the psychological factor and they are
developing new ones currently. Oral would be cheaper, if something is
available, just because it could be administered at ome by you. Maybe
you could do a little research online and discuss it with your vet.
Best of luck to your kitty and you.

Candace