Old June 28th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Avast, ye swabbies!

Forsooth! The time is nigh! The pirate kitties are preparing to go to
their treasure island soon.

I'm reminded of when I was a kid and my cousins and I used to play
pirates out on the island. We explored the 'deep, dark jungle' and we
went on treasure hunts and we camped out. We even made a Jolly Roger.
Ah, we were wild little things in the summers out on the island. When we
got hot we just stripped and jumped into the sea.

Anyway, my holiday starts on Friday and we'll hopefully be able to leave
on Monday, weather permitting. It is rainy and windy today, but it may
change by next week. I'm hoping to hitch a ride with my brother so I
won't have to listen to Caliban cry all through a 3-4-hour bus trip.
It's much faster by car, and not a whole busload of people to annoy. We
went by bus last year, and Caliban didn't stop for one minute of that ride.

Last year, Miranda remembered the place immediately. We'll see if
Caliban does this year, or if he hides under the pillows on my bed for
the first hour, like he did last year. I'm so looking forward to
watching my cats play on the island again. My niece is there with Kasper
and Emil, so there may be some interesting confrontations.