Old August 26th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default The "holiday season"

"Marina" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
It really annoys me.

You're missing the point. You can send x-mas cards if you want.
Someone else can send winter solstice cards if they want. Another
one can send holiday cards if they want.
We use the expression "holiday cards" to be inclusive of those of
us who do not send x-mas cards for whatever reason we may have.

And I celebrate Yule (jul in Swedish and joulu in Finnish). Yule
has been celebrated here in the north since the dawn of time (heh,
it's a solstice feast), eons before Christianity reached us.

--

According to many historians, an great many Christmas traditions
have been adopted in whole or in part from Yule. Including the time

Me, I just like a nice fire in the fireplace, and we always reserved
the biggest and best fireplace logs for Christmas eve as a nod to
the ancient Yule log. That way we can easily start a fire on
Christmas morning from the hot ashes.

Jo