Old September 23rd 04, 05:21 PM
Mary

"Jonny R" wrote in message
om...
I am going to be replacing the carpet in my basement with something
tough and durable like Berber given that I have a home gym in the
basement. However I was wondering two things:

My cats do claw at carpet

Just a side note: if you don't have any fresh horizontal scratchpads,
check out the ones at WalMart, PetSmart and some grocery chains.
I began with the "SmartyCat Superscratcher Plus" by Worldwide.
It is just a shallow box you put catnip in, then a rough corrugated
cardboard type lid goes on. When I got it my cats went from
clawing the rugs and furniture every day to maybe once a week.
When I added an "Alpine Scratcher" by Cosmic Catnip, they
just stopped scratching rugs and furniture. The latter is the same
thing but on a slant and they just hunker down every morning and go to
town.