Old December 20th 05, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Capt. Midnight -- Monday Night Update

When the tech came to get her I think Violette knew and she didn't cry at
all, I think that is when I knew what the result would be, even before the
TED called me, soft
FurrsomeThreesome wrote in message
oups.com...
Awww, Debbie... I'm so sorry to hear this (got MMS too).

Nobody can tell you what to do, but this is the kind of choice I had
with Lenny.

We opted for the exploratory, because Lenny was still so bright and
alert and active. If you remember my story then, well, Lenny went to
the Bridge that day, but I was satisfied we had done what we could and
I had "an answer" rather than just wondering what got into my old guy.
I can't say what I'd do if there's a next time, it depends on so much.
With Lucy we didn't do a surgery, she so obviously had large belly
tumours it was probably too late. Maybe the Captain has something
contained, though. One reason we opted for the surgery is my vet
thought the absence of something clear on the ultrasounds and
radiographs and cytology samples might mean it was something contained
and reparable.

Whichever you choose, warm thoughts and purrs go with you. I agree
with Fred, too, though - ask if you can stay with him while he's
sedated for the surgery. That was the one thing I regret with Lenny,
that I let him see me walking away to leave him - with our wonderful
caring vet and techs, mind you - but he knew I left him and he called
after me. Stay with him and let him know everyone will do their best
for him.

So sorry -

Johanna, missing all my kitties so badly...