Old May 17th 05, 03:51 PM
Mary

"Rona Y." wrote in message
The school at which I work has a few cats on campus--none have owners and
only one that I know of has been TNRed. The TNR cat is fed by someone on
campus (not daily, but often) but I do not know if the other cats are also
fed. Recently, a number of crows have been found dead, and people are
blaming the cats. These crows are quite large, and not eaten, just dead.
It seems to me that if hungry stray cats were able to kill these large
crows, they also would have eaten them. However, other staff members are
insisting that the cats are at fault, and that they should be trapped and
turned over to animal control (which will, without a doubt, euthanize

them).

I guess what I'm hoping is to hear that it would be very difficult for a

cat
to kill a crow. I need to save these cats, and passing on this kind of
information is pretty much the only way I can help these cats (I should

also
mention that I'm in Japan, so no animal shelters, no humane society,
nothing--I've already investigated possible options, and there is no
organization out there who can take these cats). So, can cats kill crows
easily?

The crows I've seen could probably seriously injure a cat.
They are big and aggressive and loud, not the kind of bird
a cat generally picks on. And yes, of course they would
have eaten them if they had killed them and they were hungry.