Old May 17th 05, 10:20 PM
Rona Y.

Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:

In a battle between a cat and a crow, I'd bet on the crow! Is there
West Nile virus in Japan? We lost some crows to it a few years ago.

Even if it were the cats killing a few crows, someone needs to be
reminded of how predators improve the overall quality of a population
by culling out the old and infirm.

Priscilla

No West Nile here, as of yet (or so they say). There was a woman whom they
thought might have the virus (two years ago), but it was thought that she
contracted in while visiting the Eastern US.

One thing that really ****es me off...just last week it was mentioned that
there were too many crows on campus and that students were complaining about
them. The implication was that the crows would have to be killed. But now
that the crows are dying, they're blaming the cats and want to get rid of
them!!! This is one thing I just hate about Japan...

rona

"[America] is filled with people who decided not to live in Europe. We
had people who really wanted to live in Europe, but didn't have the
energy to go back. We call them Canadians." ---Grover Norquist in
Newsweek, November 22, 2004