Old May 9th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default Hybrid Cat Questions

wrote in message
oups.com...

I have one cat from the litter. She looks Himalayan Persian and is as
about a pretty a cat, as cats get. She is about six pounds (10 months
old I guess) and needs artificial tears and antibacterial cream, as
her eyes are very different. They are small, slanted and blue. She
sees ok, and so far her eyes are clear. I was told both she and her
sister would go blind and that I should have them destroyed.

------------
Just wanted to comment on this part. I am absolutely mortified that anyone
would advise you to euthanize cats because they might go blind. (Please
don't tell us this advice was coming from a veterinarian). Even if the
kitties were blind for certain, I would be horrified to think someone
advised you to have them killed. There is at least one member of this
newsgroup who has an incredibly wonderful blind cat named Duffy. Our local
rescue group is also looking to place a blind cat. I would happily take him
but he needs to be an *only* cat, and I have five others. I really hate the
attitude of some people in our society that any small *flaw* is a reason to
throw away a beautiful living creature with oodles of love to give. I'm so
glad you ignored this *advice.*
Best regards,
---Cindy S.