Old February 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Mark Healey

I decided against declawing. It seems mean and they are really good
about peeing appropriately.

I decided to buy them. Not as easy as one would think. I checked the
web sites of pet(smart/co) to see if they carried them. They both
claimed to, at $2.00 more than you can get them from the manufacturer.
I went to the first store and it turns out that they only sell them
on-line, bummer. The second one only had clear ones. I bought them
anyway. $18.00 seems like a lot of money for $.50 worth of plastic
and two tubes of crazy glue. Hopefully they'll become popular enough
for someone to knock them off and drive the price down.

I'm not sure if I got the right size. I bought large because people
are always saying "gee, your cats are huge" and when they jump on me
from 6 feet off the ground I make a noticeable "oof" sound.

Applying them wasn't easy. It was no more difficult than trimming
their nails but they don't like that either. It's amazing how bendy
they are when they want to escape. I did manage to get them on.

I'm not sure about their choice of plastic. It looks and feels like
polyethylene which is pretty close to inert. Hell, that's what they
put crazy glue in.

The first thing they tried to do was chew them off, so far, without
success. I put some wet food down to distract them for a while to
give the glue a chance to really set.

I'll post the results after a whole day tomorrow.

One question fro Mia. Can vets buy them by the hundreds to get a
deal.