Old September 12th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8

Default OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance

That's a touching poem. Thanks for sharing it.

I finally wrote up my "where were you when?" story on my blog. It's a long
one, so I'll just post the link to the blog entry:

http://gabey8.blogspot.com/2006/09/a...nk-of-5th.html

The one thing I'll mention here from that post is that when the attacks
began, I was driving in my car in southern New Jersey, not far from
Philadelphia, PA. I'd turned the local newsradio station on a few minutes
earlier, to try and get a traffic report. Instead, it turns out I'd tuned
in a few minutes prior to the station's interruption of their regular
programming to switch to a live broadcast from their sister station in
NYC. The occasion was that an airplane had struck the WTC. While I was
listening, the second airplane crashed into the OTHER tower. I got so
upset, I had an anxiety attack right there, behind the wheel. Long story
short: I was coming from an off-ramp at the time and was so distracted,
instead of yielding to oncoming traffic I nearly got my car broadsided by
a truck. Thank God the truck driver was able to jam on his brakes and
prevent a collision, because if he had hit my car, I'm positive that I
wouldn't be here.

It was just an excruciatingly tragic day. The grief is just as emotionally
close to the surface for me now as it was on the day it happened, and I
didn't personally know any of the unfortunate victims nor their families.
God help the loved ones of the people who died, who have to relive this
anniversary once again. I can't even begin to imagine what they are
experiencing today.

Prayers and purrs for this messed-up world, to stamp out the kind of hate
that inspires hideous acts like this.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley